A suggestion that's probably impossible to implement.

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Chris Schumacher

A suggestion that's probably impossible to implement.

Post by Chris Schumacher »

At the beginning of SI, you start out with a SI spellbook (its cover is red, and it
contains the ninth circle of spells). Is there any chance you could change this to
the BG spellbook? I know that would be almost impossible to do, but it would be
nice and consistent.
MV

Re: A suggestion that's probably impossible to implement.

Post by MV »

Why? In the year between UW2 and then going off to SI, the mages had advanced the spell levels. :)
ascendence

Post by ascendence »

screw just adding the book itself.. have a combination of the original spells and the new ones.. i miss my resurrect spell in SI.. it'd be semi possible if the owner of the exult client had both games so the exult team didnt have to send out the actual files needed.. could be an added feature if they can get around the usecode to add it into gameplay.. might take a lot of extensive coding though..
-kel, deity of sarcasm
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

It could be done, but I doubt if it will. As pointed out by Kel, dealing with the usecode would be a bit of a mess, since the spellbooks use the same function #'s.
ascendence

Post by ascendence »

since the usecode is quite hard to understand and work with because of the way they're designing exult, i imagine it'd be hard to sort through it all and work out the right functions. seeing as they use the same #'s as drcode says, it would involve either creating an entirely new book to use, which would be a major feat with the usecode and involve countless hours of code. could be an interesting side hobby in the future, but for exult i imagine it wont be seen unless an outside party spends the necessary time on it. i cant begin to imagin the complexity of the task of doing such a feat.. i only know the basic programming language, languages for the web, and a bit of c..

is it still a goal for exult studio to be able to create and entirely new ultima experience by way of making a totally different game?
-kel, deity of sarcasm
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

1. it has nothing to do with how we designed Exult. We are interprating the original usecode and since they are using the same #'s there is nothing we could easily do about it. Like you wrote it would be an enormous task and more likely not worth it even.

2. Yes, Exult Studio is still supposed to be useable for a totally different game.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
ascendence

Post by ascendence »

would it be possible to include later on with exult, premade combinations of objects, such as a roof for a building, or sections of a roof for larger complexes? building the walls and such for a building is the easy part.. building a roof for it that actually disappears correctly when you walk under it is hard.
-kel, deity of sarcasm
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

Exult Studio already has that.
MV

Post by MV »

You miss the ressurection spell?

You must be one lacking avatar if you let your party die all the time. ;) :D
ascendence

Post by ascendence »

i dont use it for my party, i use it for other people ;]

after finishing the game so much, it loses it's entertainment level.. i gotta have fun somehow..

and exult studio comes with the combination ability, but i havent seen anything for premade combo's
-kel, deity of sarcasm
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

> and exult studio comes with the combination ability, but i havent seen anything for premade combo's

Does that mean you're volunteering to create some? :-)
gruck

Post by gruck »

Read the studio documents. It discusses in great detail how to make and use combos.

Thank you
ascendence

Post by ascendence »

sometimes the automatic 'read the faq/documents' gets annoying, considering it has nothing to do with what i asked..

i asked, will there be prefab combinations for use in exult studio in the future, or the possibility of them atleast.

no where did i ask how to use the combination feature, what it was for, why its there, or say whether i knew it even existed or not. i already know how to and have used it extensively. it would just be a great asset to users for a compilation of prefab combinations. and yes, if im the only one willing to make the combinations, then i will volunteer to do so. i was just hoping others might also volunteer, as well as compile combos for the future use of others.
-kel, deity of sarcasm