UDIC

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
British Fiend

UDIC

Post by British Fiend »

its official, I am a member of the UDIC.
A year or so ago, I registered and forgot my "dragon" name, just recently I re-registered, and I am now "Ignitus Dragon" - feel free to laugh :(
Who else here has heard of the infamous Ultima fan-club?
SB-X

Re: UDIC

Post by SB-X »

I registered a long time ago but have not posted to r.g.c.u.d more than a few times (also a long time ago). I mainly played the Weyrmount MOO but then I stopped playing, and then they changed it. :|
EbeneezerSquid

Post by EbeneezerSquid »

Never heard of it. What's the site? (and what's it stand for, "Ultima Diehards Infamous Club?" just a guess.)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -Gen George S. Patton
XxVenomxX

Post by XxVenomxX »

Ultima Dragons Internet Chapter

I joined many years ago, Tyldus Dragon at yer service :)
http://venom.gamersgraveyard.com
Fantasy art/Illustration by Brendan Setaro
EbeneezerSquid

Post by EbeneezerSquid »

what's the URL?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." -Gen George S. Patton
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

http://www.udic.org/

It's been around for quite some time, really.

Karl "Amused Dragon" Garrison
Ignitus Dragon

Post by Ignitus Dragon »

Been aroun' since 1992.
Darkfirst Dragon

Post by Darkfirst Dragon »

I registered me a few years ago, forgot about that, found that I am still int he roster. Might have to change my Email adress, though.

Darkfirst Dragon
-=(UDIC)=-
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

not to mention that the url is in both the FAQ and our links section :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Clock Nova

Post by Clock Nova »

Wow. I just did a web search for my name and it brought up the Ultima Dragons page. I forgot that I joined that way back in 1994. I don't think I ever thought about it again after I joined.

Interesting enough, it also brought up the Cult of Piett homepage. Man, I joined a lot of geeky web clubs in those days!
Roman

Post by Roman »

yeah I heard of it, my friend that got me into ultimas was in it
Roman

Post by Roman »

his name is Ultima Dragon, which I remember he thought was surprising that no one had that name
Clock Nova

Post by Clock Nova »

UDIC? Bah! You're nobody if you don't belong to the Cult of Piett!

www.piett.org
MV

Post by MV »

I was wondering over the last couple of years if I was still there. I checked yesterday, and yep, I'm still there alright.
Roman

Post by Roman »

uygh, clock Nova...that site doesn't een have true information...on the files in says boba fett died in the pit....but he didn't, in later stories one of his friends came and got him out...even though all his armor was burned off.
XxVenomxX

Post by XxVenomxX »

Of course we all know that Star Wars novels are not official adaptations, but merely authors fan fictions. :)
http://venom.gamersgraveyard.com
Fantasy art/Illustration by Brendan Setaro
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

that is not really true. Save for the early Marvel comics the books are part of the official storyline. Meaning they have been granted the rights to develop the story further and keep it in the context with both the movies and other books.... Something like that anyway...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

"Authorized" works are not part of George Lucas' universe. People who bought these novels just don't want to believe it, so they hang out together and talk about the storylines as if they are part of it.
Kuroshi

Post by Kuroshi »

"You people should discuss this on the Ultima or games newsgroups instead of this forum." - SB-X

I don't agree with the quote, I'm just quoting. =)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

well, SB-X; I'm sure I read about it being authorized (well, in that extend that if GL ever decided to make episode 7,8,9 he could still screw up the whole books/comics/games series...).
These books certainly are a lot more entertaining than whatever GL came up for Episode I or the even worse (IMO) Episode II. But let'S talk about this in the channel - much easier than remotely arguing :-)

Edit: I always hate it when people do this: start an argument, and then get a reply, fuel the fire even more and in the same instant say something like : "Let'S forget about it - no use fighting over it" or "let'S take the discussion somewhere else".
Always worrying when I do stuff like that myself... :-)
--
Read the Rules!
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

Kuroshi why would you be quoting someone you don't agree with? :P
I, for one, agree with myself.
With Dominus too. That was my point, that he could just completely change the story if he made more movies. Not making any judgements about what is more entertaining... I for one couldn't care less if Boba Fett's friends came and rescued him. :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

now, what's left to argue over....
damn it...
I'll try to think something up in my two weeks absence
--
Read the Rules!
Ignitus Dragon

Post by Ignitus Dragon »

I dislike Star Wars. *gets flamed*