New bug...I think?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
XNateV

New bug...I think?

Post by XNateV »

With the last two snapshots I have downloaded, from yesterday and a few days ago, when I start a new Serpent Isle game and the first party member rejoins me, I can't access his backpack or equipment because all his stuff is scattered around the screen, instead of on the paperdoll. I can't try the bug again or get a savegame now, since I'm using a different computer, but can anyone try this?
Kuroshi

Re: New bug...I think?

Post by Kuroshi »

I've only noticed two paperdoll problems recently.

1. Objects that are merely held in a position (bags and gems in hand, the hammer Shamino begins with ... lacking paperdoll art?) are drawn off of the gump. They can still be moved, by clicking as if it was in the correct spot, but dragging the gumps around can do some weird stuff with the graphics until you let go of the mouse. Probably a side-effect of not being on the paperdoll.

2. Open inventory and stats gumps for the same character. Move the stats gump away from the inventory one. Click on something the guy is wearing (say, a leather helm), then move the inventory gump. Text moves over to the stats gump as if that's where the paperdoll was. Moving the stats gump will fix this, at least until you move the inventory gump again.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

Messed up paperdolls and backpack problem have been fixed.

Just note though that there wont be new snapshots for the next few days or so.

-Colourless Dragon
raven566

Post by raven566 »

When I was recently playing SI from the beginning, I got back Shamino and he had no backpack or any of the items in the backpack, but he had all of his other items. Then, magically one day his backpack returned.
Kuroshi

Post by Kuroshi »

No new snapshots? This have anything to do with RC2?
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

it might :-)